Friday 3 December 2010

Audience Feedback

1.       Was the meaning/aim of the film obvious?
I felt the film highlighted the lack of awareness around eating disorders and how the younger people interviewed had little to say on the subject.
The film being based on eating disorders clearly was trying to raise awareness of it. It also showed the lack of knowledge most people in the film had of eating disorders.
Weightless made me realise how little awareness I have of eating disorders, the message of the film was definitely effective for me.
2.       What would you improve about the film?
The sound was a little patchy in places. Background noise disrupts the interviews a bit.
The sound quality varied throughout the film, perhaps more male opinions would make it more effective.
I liked the film as it was, perhaps a few less similar opinions but that couldn’t necessarily be helped.
3.       Did you find the filming effective?
The close ups helped showed the emotion and sincerity of the interviews.
The variety of angles and steady shots definitely made the film look more professional.
There were very few parts of the film where the shots were shaky; this made it look of a higher standard.
4.       What did you like about the film?
I liked how the film attempted some different viewpoints as opposed to other documentary style films.
The film was short but definitely effective with its message.
I liked how it had a personal impact on me and made me realise how uneducated I am on such subjects within mental health.

Audience Feed Back

Sara Louise - age 19

What was you overall view on the short documentary?
I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really good idea for a documentary as it something that is often not talked about. I think the information you included in the documentary was useful.
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
Yes, I think that a larger range of shots should be used as it would make it look a lot more professional.
What did you enjoy about it?
I enjoyed seeing how others coped with an eating disorder and liked seeing what others though about it. I really liked this idea of including a number of different people
Any other comments?
I think it is good but if you did it again I think it would be really important to add more camera angles as this would make it a lot more effective to its audience.


Ashley Drew - age 19

What was you overall view on the short documentary?
I thought it was ok I think it was a shame that you did not have time to cover more eating disorders as I think that would have mad it interesting. I thought your choice of target audience was clear which I thought was good.
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
I think that more information was needed in parts as it seemed a little vague at times and sometimes it got a little boring as the camera stayed in the same place and didn’t move much at some points. I also noticed that one or two shots were a little shaky which mad it looks a bit unprofessional at times.
What did you enjoy about it?
I really did enjoy the subject choice as I think it is an important issue. I also liked have the one presenter as this made it simple to understand.
Any other comments?
I think by using young people throughout the whole short documentary it made it very clear who the target audience were and I think that it is important that young people learn about these kinds of issues.

Luke Andrews - age 17

What was you overall view on the short documentary?
Generally I don’t like documentaries as I find them boring but this one seemed ok I think it could have done with a few more shots
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
More shots would have improved it a lot as it would have been a lot more interesting as the camera was still a lot of the time I think.
What did you enjoy about it?
I liked the places it was set as I think they were appropriate to the mood and what was being said.
Any other comments?
Yeah it was ok I liked the topic and there were some good shots in there to.

Laura Giles - age 18 

What was you overall view on the short documentary?
I think everything in the documentary was really good. I thought there was a good amount of information that was useful and I felt that there where some good camera angles and shots used. I liked the settings used as I thought they were all well suited to the topic and mood.
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
I though most that the documentary was really good apart from a few shots that seemed a little shaky in parts
What did you enjoy about it?
I thought it was a great idea involving just young people as its important they know about the subject
Any other comments?
I think it was really good if you had more time this would be a great idea to expand on

Amy Flight - age 20 

 What was you overall view on the short documentary?
I really did enjoy it I found it very interesting and educational
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
Some more shots would make it a lot more interesting, and maybe adding bullet points of key points covered
What did you enjoy about it?
I found the top very interesting and really enjoyed that I also liked having a range of people in it.
Any other comments?
I think a few more shots could have improved it loads but apart from that great

Danni Hale - age 18

What was you overall view on the short documentary?
I though it was good even though there was a couple of shaky shots. I liked the idea and thought it was a good topic. I think all the information was good and useful.
Was there anything that you think could have been improved?
If those unsteady shots were sorted I think it would look great.
What did you enjoy about it?
I liked how it concentrated on young people because I could really understand and relate to it.
Any other comments?
Overall I really liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment